Monday, January 24, 2011

The Battle of the Ballgowns

Finding Bridesmaids dresses is a lot harder then I thought it would be. First off...has anyone ever noticed how UGLY some of the bridesmaids dresses are? I keep finding big bows or tacky flowers stuffed at some odd corner of the dress. I would never be caught dead in any of those dresses, and I'm not about to force any one of my friends to suffer the same fate. Then there is color. I have an idea in mind of what I want, its just a matter of finding the correct shade. Which is hard because what may look like (for example) a pale spring green on the computer screen (green is not one of my colors btw) might turn out to resemble the shade of fuzzy mold growing on a suspicious casserole in your mom's refrigerator. Then of course, there are the styles of dresses. I want my girls to feel comfortable in what they're wearing, and to actually LIKE the dresses. That's one of my biggest worries. What if they all hate the dresses? But then I think, well its my day, I'll eventually have to wear a dress they've picked out for their big day...
But I pray to God it's not going to be a hideous collaboration of teal and orange with a puffy skirt and matching parasol. But really, if that's what they want then I would wear it without complaining.
So it's really a battle here.

No comments: