Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Etiquette people...Etiquette.

Wedding Etiquette for Guests
(Inspire from my own opinions and a list I discovered on www.emilypost.com/guests)

1. You do not ask if you are invited to the wedding (Or "I better be invited!!") Cause if you're not = Awkward.
2. You do not ask if you can bring someone to someone else's wedding if they weren't invited, especially if there is a meal involved. That's rude.The invitation will specifically say who is invited (If your children or boyfriend/girlfriend are not on the invitation, then that means they aren't invited)
3. RSVP. Répondez s'il vous plaît. How hard is it to send back the RSVP cards or to pick up the telephone?
4. Parents and Grandparents should not tell the Bride and Groom who to invite. It's their day.Unless the couple asks, keep your suggestions to yourself.
5. MOTHERS OF THE BRIDE. It is the Bride's day. You already had yours. It's her dress: LET her pick what she wants!! (I didn't get this from experience...I got it from watching Say Yes To The Dress. Those mothers on there are so annoying.)
6. If you decide to bring young children or babies to a wedding, keep them quiet and in their seats. If your baby has a habit of crying or your child is hyperactive: Leave them at a baby sitter or take them out of the ceremony! This is speaking from experience. Every wedding I've gone to, there is always an unattended child running up and down the aisle or a baby screaming during the vows.
 

5 comments:

Dani said...

But Lauren!!! I really want to bring my screaming baby to the wedding! PLEASEEEEE :(

Kirsten said...

Isabelle fell asleep just before being carried down the aisle and awoke just as everyone clapped at the end. Perfect timing ; )

But, like Dani said, I can't bring MY screaming kid??
She was so looking forward to attending. Lol

Diane Wells said...

Oh I was hoping I could bring a date.HEHEHE.

wellzy said...

Hmmmmm, wow there's nothing on the list about the father of the bride. So dad's dancing on the tables is OK?

Danielle said...

No Dad, that's creepy.