Friday, November 12, 2010

Every Step Of The Way

Life is a crazy ride out there. You really never know what is going to happen...It always keeps you guessing.
Seriously, this year has been ridiculous with surprises, and I don't mean people jumping out of dark rooms yelling "SURPRISE!" with confetti and streamers exploding all over the place.
It's been altogether overwhelming, to the point where I feel like I could lie down and sleep for days.
Not all the surprises have been difficult, though there have been quite a few of those this year...I would be lying if I said those didn't exist.
I don't really know how I got through the hard times.
I'm sure Lee can testify...lots of late night phone calls. Plus multiple sweet teas from McDonalds and  caffeine loaded frappuccinos from Starbucks to help on the occasionally rough patches.
I just know that God takes everything ugly, disgusting and rotten and turns it into something beautiful.

Sometimes we have to go through hard times because it teaches us a lesson.
Sometimes we don't deserve what comes our way, but they help us become stronger.
And sometimes we do deserve them. We do the stupidest, dumbest thing possible and now we have to clean up the mess we made.
We're selfish.
That's all it really is. All we think about our ourselves.

But no matter what, through trial or discipline, God is with us every step of the way. You just always have to hold onto that.

No comments: